Guidelines for the acquisition of Dual-Citizenship – Republic of Ghana
How to apply:
Applicants are required to complete a Dual Citizenship Application Form (Form 10) at a cost of. An additional sum of Rs.2500/- will be required for the issuance of the certificate. Form 10 is obtainable from the High Commission of Ghana in New Delhi.
Attachment to application form (evidence of Ghanaian nationality)
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- Evidence of Parents' Nationality - Passport, Voters ID Card, Birth Certificate.
- Six (6) passport sized photographs
NB: Dual Citizenship Holder
- Shall be issued with a Ghanaian passport or travel document;
- Shall be permitted to remain in Ghana without limitation provided the person entered on a Ghanaian passport;
- Shall not be permitted to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an Immigration Officer. Any dual citizen who does so will be considered to have committed a criminal offence and will be liable on a summary conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 penalty units or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year or to both.
No citizen of Ghana shall qualify to be appointed as a holder of any office in specified in this section if he holds the citizenship of any other country in addition to his citizenship of Ghana:
- Chief Justice and Justices of the Supreme Court;
- Ambassador or High Commissioner;
- Secretary to the Cabinet;
- Chief of Defence Staff;
- Inspector-General of the Police;
- Commissioner, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service;
- Director of Immigration Service;
- Commissioner, Value Added Tax Service;
- Director-General, Prisons Service;
- Chief Fire Officer;
- Chief Director of a Ministry;
- A rank of Colonel in the Army or its equivalent in the other security services; and
- Any other public office that the Minister for the Interior may by legislative instrument prescribe.
Please click on the link below to get a sample of: